Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Interesting Things Found in my Room

Well, I have a fun story to tell you all.

The setting: my dorm room last night at around 1:00 am. At this point in time, Joel and I were rather hungry from the factors of studying/doing tons homework and the fact that for the past few days the food in the caff hasn't been so good. So, I suddenly come up with a bright idea. I turn to Joel after a pause that followed his complaints of extreme hunger and exclaim, "I have a cheesecake in my freezer!!!" At this point we (meaning I) pull the cheesecake out, unwrap it, defrost it, cut it and serve it. I cut my piece and suddenly remember that along with a cheesecake, I brought back topping to go on it. Like any sensible person, I pull it out. I make a few attempts to open it, but fail epically, so Joel, being the nice and kind person that he is, takes it from me and opens it.

Apparently, I had started to grow a relatively large miniature planet in there, and after opening it, the small mold creatures think that Joel is their god. I promptly, removed the once-cheesecake-topping-now-large-micro-planet from Joel and threw it away in the trash room. I refuse to harbor small ecosystems in my fridge.

Speaking of small ecosystems...I am not opposed to harboring them elsewhere in my room. (No Sherry and Robin, I do not have mold growing under my bed or in my sock drawer.) I have a fish tank. Yes, that is correct, a fish tank. (And yes it is actually set up and working properly and is not taking up space like the one that sat in the back of my car for a good portion of my senior year.) In this tank there are two fan-tailed goldfish named Benedick and Beatrice and a small fully aquatic frog named Leonato. Yes, I am that big of a nerd to name my pets after characters from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

I do know for a fact that the fish and fully aquatic frog are allowed in my dorm, but I'm not quite sure about the large micro-planet...which is also a contributing factor to why I threw it away. That, and 1.) I found it kind of icky. 2.) I don't think that my roommate would appreciate it, and 3.) there was a fear that the large micro-planet might grow large enough to develop an army and nuclear technology, which would be bad. Very bad. Very very very bad. I don't want a war to break out in my fridge between the fruit topping planet and the bottled water.

So, in short, I accidentally grew a large micro-planet in my fridge, in which the mold creatures thought that Joel was their god, and I have a fish tank complete with two fish and a frog. Yay for in-dorm ecosystems, either accidental or intentional, benign or potently tyrannical.

6 comments:

angela said...

MANDY PLZ DEFINE TYRANNICAL

Rachael said...

omg this story is eveeeen better if you read it and imagine mandy saying it all... oh, and by the way... TYRANNICAL... Marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behaviour

Mandy said...

It was a very amusing story.

Tyrannical:
1. Of or relating to a tyrant or tyranny: a tyrannical government.
2. Characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny; despotic and oppressive: a tyrannical supervisor
3. characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty;

think of Hitler or Saddam or something along those lines.

R said...

yawn...
oh my goodness.
Say you had a bit of mold on that chezcake did ya?
(That is what she means...mayhem. Gross foolishness. Clean out your frig once in while. Things along that line. YuckEE.)
simple enough.
Dang girl.You must have had some few time to update to that length.
Thnks you. Quite enjoyable.
Now---about Addie Lee's picture...
Found one?
Yes- I'll put a freakEE card in the mail.
who was the other SPECIAL card fr?
OH! I bet I know!
JERRY SPRINGER?!?!?!?
just kidding.

Mandy said...

Robin...it's Addie Mae, and the card was from Sherry and Elden. And the mold wasn't on the cheesecake. The cheesecake is still good. The mold was on the topping that was in a seperate container. The cheesecake was in the freezer and the topping was in the fridge. Two totally seperate intities.

R said...

Well good on the two separate containers.
That other BigO word...intitles.
I'll be writing it ten times.
xoR
PS-
Let me see if I can find myself a card around here-
One with a pirate on it.