Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow

It is currently 1:42 am, and here in Charlotte it is snowing. That's right guys, snow. No, seriously, I'm talking about the flaky white stuff that falls from the sky when it's cold. You know, frozen yet soft precipitation? It's sticking to the ground...well, the grass, trees, cars, cement benches and walls, roofs, gravel.....so far everything but the roads. As you all can guess, I am really hoping that it does stick to the roads. Why, you may ask. Because, sillies, that means that classes are canceled and we have yet another SNOW DAY!!! The days that all students from kindergarten to senior in college alike look forward to. And since I am in Charlotte, and they are much like Georgia here one single snow flake means that everything shuts down and people run out to the stores to buy up milk and bread.

On that note, why do people stock up on milk and bread when it snows? I mean, are milk sandwiches really going to save you in a blizzard? And did you know that before a hurricane makes landfall people stock up on plywood (as can be expected) and POP-TARTS! Why? I have no clue. I guess if they run out of plywood, they can finish boarding up their windows with pop-tarts.

Anyhow.....back to the fact that it's snowing here. It's so beautiful. I'm looking out my window right now and I can see these huge flakes falling and swirling in the cold air right before they hit the ground. It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

For future reference...I love snow. And I really love Charlotte.

1 comment:

angela said...

WELL WERE CLASSES CANCELLED